The Importance of Being Earnest Theatre BreakBook theatre break to see The Importance of Being Earnest
Book a theatre break for The Importance of Being Earnest through our secure theatre booking system. Get live availability information, check latest offers and find the best prices. Seat numbers are confirmed before you purchase.
Michael Fentiman’s enthralling production of Oscar Wilde’s much loved and masterfully constructed farce The Importance of Being Earnest features an all-star cast comprising Olivier-Award winner Sophie Thompson, Stella Gonet, Jeremy Swift, Fiona Button and Pippa Nixon.
Elegantly mocking the hypocrisies of Victorian society, Wilde's masterpiece follows two bachelors, the dependable and responsible Jack Worthing, and dandified wealthy playboy Algernon Moncrieff, both of whom are pretending to be someone they are not in order to pursue two eligible ladies, Cecily Cardew and Gwendolyn Fairfax.
Things start to go awry when they end up together in the country and hilarious misadventures result from their deceit, threatening to derail their romantic pursuits. Their brushes with the formidable Lady Bracknell, the uptight governess Miss Prism and the pedantic Reverend Canon Chasuble punctuate a hilarious plot that fizzes with some of the wittiest dialogue in all of theatre.
Suitable for ages 8+.
2 hours 30 minutes
- Choose your show from all the leading West End musicals and plays
- Select from our extensive range of 2, 3, 4 or 5 star hotels
- Decide how long you'd like to stay, just one night, a midweek or weekend break or a week long holiday.
- Add extras such as a meal in a restaurant, tickets for sightseeing tours and top London visitor attractions
- You can include travel with our packages. Take advantage of our inclusive train travel deals