Half a Sixpence Theatre BreakBook theatre break to see Half a Sixpence
Book a theatre break for Half a Sixpence through our secure theatre booking system. Get live availability information, check latest offers and find the best prices. Seat numbers are confirmed before you purchase.
Following glowing reviews and a record-breaking run at the Chichester Festival Theatre, Rachel Kavanaugh's critically acclaimed revival of jaunty musical Half a Sixpence transfers to the West End starring newcomer Charlie Stemp as Arthur Kipps, a role that catapulted Tommy Steele into a different showbiz league over fifty years ago.
Based on H.G. Wellsís 1905 semi-autobiographical novel Kipps: The Story Of A Simple Soul, this new stage adaptation is a collaboration between legendary producer Sir Cameron Mackintosh and Oscar-winning screenwriter Julian Fellowes.
Orphaned Arthur Kipps is an unhappy and over-worked draperís apprentice at the Folkestone drapery of Mr Edwin Shalford. When he receives an unexpected inheritance he is quickly propelled up the social ladder, causing him to question everything he thought he knew about life. With his new found fortune he is forced to choose between his love for childhood sweetheart Ann and the flattering attentions of the beautiful and classy Helen Walsingham.
Composer George Stiles and lyricist Anthony Drewe have written an exuberant new score that fits neatly alongside revisions of several of composer David Henekerís catchy songs from the original production, including the show-stopping Flash Bang Wallop, Money To Burn and the irresistible Half A Sixpence.
2 hours 45 minutes
NoŽl Coward Theatre
85-88 St Martin's Lane
- Choose your show from all the leading West End musicals and plays
- Select from our extensive range of 2, 3, 4 or 5 star hotels
- Decide how long you'd like to stay, just one night, a midweek or weekend break or a week long holiday.
- Add extras such as a meal in a restaurant, tickets for sightseeing tours and top London visitor attractions
- You can include travel with our packages. Take advantage of our inclusive train travel deals